Saturday 11 July 2009

Where were you?




Well having just returned from a holiday in the Maldives, I have now had to time to reflect on the sad news about Jacko, one of the world's greatest entertainers.

During that holiday I was awoken by a text which said:

"Michael Jackson has died, he had a heart attack tonight"


This text came through at around 4am and what a message to wake someone up with, I had to check if it was true by putting the world news on there & then, as I thought it may have been one of those sick jokes that go round, but no, the TV news was full of it.

It was one of those moments, I waited a couple of hours until my wife was awake, and mentioned it to her, and the response was disbelief. The whole day was full of the shock from all sets of nationalities, who were both holidaying and also the staff that worked on our Island.


Between those times of me finding out and passing the message on, my thoughts were wow, this is massive news. In the last couple of decades the big deaths have been Princess Di, and the Queen Mother, but now this one takes a new sense of loss as people of many ages would have grown up buying at least one Michael Jackson record, or at least singing or tapping to his songs, and only now people will really appreciate what an artist he was.

So, this for me was a case of "I'll always remember where I was when I found out", so my question to you is where were you, or how did you hear about the news about the sad loss of Jacko.

Please feel free to add your comments below.




RIP MJ.




1 comment:

  1. He was my favourite! I was at home and had just tuned into the news, when I first heard. So sad He had to leave so soon!

    www.aynzan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete